WingsConnect - Making Aviation Connections

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Night Flying Fun in Virginia!

Great flight last week! Flew from W96 to KCHO Charlottesville, Virginia and back with my CFI.
We used flight following. Great service and each time we use it I see more examples of how valuable it is to take advantage of it. 

This flight brought new challenges and opportunity. This was my first time to KCHO. Really had to adjust my eyes to see things differently. One thing I learned was that there were mountain peaks to keep an eye on approaching the airport. The FBOs TPA is 1700. The highest peak nearby is 1830. Do the math means being very aware of these things, picking great pilotage points prior to flying, and staying clear of that peak! 
You could just see a faint shadow of the mountains. The lights below, towns, baseball fields, parking lots, the airport all stand out against pitch black. I found night flying very enjoyable. Very zen!


Here are a few night flying Virginia pictures and a YouTube clip of my 2 touch and gos at KCHO. Enjoying the view in a great flight you're a part of is priceless! Already looking forward to my next flight.

Spotted a rainbow before the flight
Love the city glow below. 
It is beautiful and more peaceful up here!

Landing on 21
I see Richmond's dazzle 
Richmond glow.
I'm more than enjoying my growing flying experiences and skills. Looking forward to my greatest chapters ahead!

Video of my 2 touch and gos at KCHO with some chill tunes

Do you enjoy day or night flying better and why?

Happy and Safe Flying, Always!

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment