WingsConnect - Making Aviation Connections

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

First AOPA Air Safety Institute Seminar Accident Case Studies, Richmond, Virginia

I highly encourage fellow aviation enthusiasts and pilots to attend this Free AOPA Air Safety Institute seminar. This was the first one I've ever attended. I have been looking forward to checking it for some time, since receiving notification last month that it was going to be held in Richmond, Virginia, at the Virginia Aviation Museum. 

I received both something in the snail mail and an email about this event. Do keep an eye out for these invites and take advantage of them.

Entering into the venue, there was a sign in area and giveaways <-- Yeay!:-)
This seminar kicked off with some mention of local aviation related efforts. Civil Air Patrol, Angel Flight, Pilot and Paws, and the Ninety-Nines were a few local initiatives mentioned. 

3 cases were reviewed. Discussion about each accident, possible contributing factors, witness recounts and interviews. I defininetly picked up a few food for thought pieces.

Again, I highly recommend anyone in aviation attend these free seminars. Not only did I gain insights through the case studies, I also made new pilot connections. Always enjoy that aspect of meeting other pilots and hearing their passion about where to go and where to fly in and eat. Just never a dull moment and I dig it!!

Happy and Safe Flying, Always!

Here are a few action shots I snapped that evening.

Welcome table. I particularly liked the Sectional Map & the Virginia is for Flying Lovers bag!
Just arrived. I really enjoy this museum. Magnificent aircrafts high & low!
Nice!!
Seminar kicks off!
Freebies!:-)
Talk about Festival of Flight. Sounds like Flying Fun! The big talk is that there will be drones at this event. Check it out!
I likie!!!:-)

Ever attend AOPAs ASI seminars? 

Also, I saw this and it's a good follow up to that ASI seminar I went. Two of the three accidents covered dealt with wx 

Some good info in this post: www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/got_weather 

A few links to a few aviation groups mentioned:
PilotsNPaws http://pilotsnpaws.org/about/
Angel Flight http://www.angelflightsoars.org
Civil Air Patrol http://www.govirginiawingcap.com
Ninety-Nines http://m.ninety-nines.org

No comments:

Post a Comment