WingsConnect - Making Aviation Connections

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Love is always in the Air for us Flying Lovers!

Experienced on of my best flights to date yesterday! I was set on visiting Accomack which is a spot on a sliver of peninsula east of Richmond, crossing over the James River, over the Chesapeake Bay, and unveils sights of the mighty Atlantic Ocean out yonder when you're over the bay. It was a beautiful day. I LOVE flying! 

I had a good pre-flight brief with my instructor before flight. Great takeoffs, flying, VOR navigation and landings. Still have to work on my centerline landing, but Life would be boring if we nailed everything perfectly. I like the challenge of working hard and upgrading my skills. 

I will be doing a separate post on my review of my new Stratus. Used mine for the first time in flight and I'm a fan!

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. The images I took in flying us to KMFV are ones I won't forget. So beautiful and makes me want to fly to the Keys and Caribbean one day.

Love!
& Love!
Beautiful blue over the Chesapeake Bay
Inflight cheese (yes, controls were positively exchanged everytime I took pics, Safety first!). I love when my glasses capture reflections while I fly, like this one of the ocean/land & skies!!
Plane parking lot

FBO has a nice cabin look
Me asking (telling;-)) Jim to take my picture by the signage.
Hi from Accomack airport! 
Nice interior. I like the royal blue color & woods!

Nice porch and planes view.
Looking to the left. There's our ride!
Look who's playing peekAboo!
Pre-photo opps checklist: Fixing the ponytail before photo engagement commences.... Check!
Cheese! By the way, that cockpit is compact looking! 
This guy flew in before we left. I like his plane with the red, white and blue!
 On the way back
So beautiful. I love the look of ocean and land meeting with the gorgeous ocean blue/green shades.

Yesterday was a Great flying day. I feel more ready for my soon to come cross country solo! 

Where did you fly recently? 

Been to Accomack before? If so, where is your favorite spot to eat there?

Happy and Safe Flying, Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment